Sunday, October 08, 2006

Conversation with principals

This is the first time that we talked to our Principal so close. She is a nice lady. I felt so glad to listen to her ten days trip in China. She mentioned that China is developing so fast these years. I was interested in what she talked about buildings and people in China. She questioned who would live or work in those high buildings when she saw a lot of tall and empty buildings in many places in China. As far as I know, people live in the east of China are much richer than those in the west of China. In the east of China, maybe a few people live in a commodious house. However, more people in the west become homeless. The life is so different between rich and poor. She emphasized that she felt so shock about beggars in those big cities in China. She felt confused why the government didn't help them. In America, there are a lot of financial aids for poor people. Didn't China have it? For this topic, my classmates had their opinion. One of us thought that this is an underground organization of beggars. That means that a person gathered many disable people and children and forced them to beg on the street. At night, that person would give them food, and collect money that they beg during the daytime. Actually, I had my own experience. I was stolen when I went to shopping one day. I lost all my stuff. I called my cousin for help because he was a police officer. However, he told me to forget it. Even the police caught those thieves, they would not return money. ^^^^I felt so angry about it, but I could do nothing, just felt pity for those people. Compare to China, it is much better in America. However, this social problem still exists. It appears in different ways. I always take 7 trains to get to school. In mid-way, I have to go through a long tunnel and switch to F train. I usually saw a young man sitting on the ground and put a sign "hungry" in front of him. The first time I thought that he might be a traveler and lost his whole money, I thought he needed help. I gave him a bottle of milk. Many times later, he still sat over there. I started to ask myself. "Is he young? Can he find a job? Why does not he find a job but to beg in public? Our Principal also talked something about education in China. In China, students always sit row by row. The policy of class is no talking, students always listen to teachers. Oppositely, students always participate in class in America. I have strong feeling about what she said because I experienced the both situations. Actually, those two different educational styles all help me a lot. At the end, thanks to our Principals to visit our AP Chinese class.

4 Comments:

Blogger xxh said...

Good!!!
ultimately I read your English
essay. I learn a lot from
your essay. Thanks.
I hope you can keep writing
essays in English. Your writing
is so great. don't be mean.
show your intelligence.

4:50 PM  
Blogger SleepyPig said...

Hey, good job.

9:33 PM  
Blogger listening^_^ said...

thank you for encouraging me. Actually, i am scared to write in english.i am not good at english, however, i will try more and more. thank you so much!!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Henry Ruan said...

Good. Keep writing more in English!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://images.okcomic.com.cn:4866/ok-comic05/girl/girl_k51.jpg